who are the owners of PokerStars?

04 July 2012

Unlike online poker operators as Bwin.Party and 888 that are traded publicly and deal with a series of law obligations, it’s much harder to know more about companies like PokerStars that are held privately. What if we tell you the names of the two main shareholders of PokerStars?

With estimated revenue of $1.4 billion in 2009 and an approximate profit of $500 Million that guarantee an estimated $1.37 million per day in earnings, any dream would come true with this numbers. But unlike Full Tilt Poker where the name of the owners, Ray Bitar, Howard Lederer, and Chris Ferguson quickly became known to the public, PokerStars has always been more reserved in this subject.

But now we know more about these mystery shareholders. The 2 main owners are in fact father and son, their names became more public especially after the events that lead to the indictments regarding what was known as “Black Friday”.

The main shareholder is Isai Scheimberg, a former IBM programmer in Canada and Israel. He founded PYR software in Toronto in 2000, a software development company that created and keeps developing the PokerStars Program.

To help him? His son, Mark that helped him to create PokerStars and that continues to help in managing the company that is today the undisputed leader in online poker through the Scheimberg Family fund…

Between them hold 75% of the platform, the remaining 25% are distributed through its employees, among them the well-known Lee Jones.

Father and son remain outside the USA living in Canada and Isle of Man where the headquarters of PokerStars are situated.

If someday anyone wants to contact the owners of PokerStars, Isai and Mark are without a doubt the persons to look for…



Online poker rooms

Khelo365 Khelo365
Bonus: 100% upto Rs 5k

PokerBaazi PokerBaazi
Bonus: 200 free chips

Pokabunga Pokabunga
Bonus: 100% upto 2000 ₹

Adda52.com Adda52.com
Bonus: 100% first deposit

Bonus: 100% up to $500

Media partners